Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

C at 16 months

It has been awhile since I've written about C and what she's been up to. Ahh...the neglect of the second child ;)


C is officially a toddler now. She has been walking for a little over a month and is very good at it. It's like she went from horizontal to vertical in one go. She is very independent, opinionated, and talkative. Here is a video showing just some of the words and signs that she knows.




I'm pretty sure that she understands everything that we say. She can be very helpful (when she wants to be) and will help me unload the dishwasher (and unload the dirty dishes too), help set and clear the table (we have a clean-up train in our house--choo choo), load the dryer, and bring her clean clothes to her bedroom floor.  She tests limits and boundaries WAY more than A ever did and I am not quite used to this. We have started giving her very brief time outs in her room for gate shaking, hair pulling, stove touching, etc. The other day she went up to the gate at the top of the stairs and shook it while looking at me mischievously. I glared at her...she then pointed to herself and then pointed down the hall to her room and then walked herself into a time-out !!! What?!


She is a condiment girl. She LOVES ketchup, oil, vinegar, mild salsa, mustard, tomatoes, olives....especially olives. We frequently eat olives and for a long time I would notice her signing "all done" while we were still eating and....thinking that she was all done, I would take her out of her chair. A week later (probably an eternity for C) I finally realized that C's signs for "all done" and "olive" were virtually identical and than in fact "all done" and "olive" do sound very similar...I never would have thought of this. She'd been wanting more olives the whole time I would just take her out of her chair and say "ok, all done!". I'm amazed she didn't go shake the gate!


We are going to have a garden plot in our community garden this year. The girls and I were taking the other day about what vegetables we want to grow. I asked C what she really wants to grow in the garden. She looked at me excitedly and signed and said "Ahhwahv!" (Olive) :(  Sorry sweetie. If only olives grew in the ground!


Things C likes: Books, doing down dogs, coloring, pulling A's hair, doing other mischievous things to A that make A cry, giving A hugs, climbing up onto chairs and tables, trying to walk up stairs, going for walks in the stroller and then wanting to get out and walk like A...but then wanting to walk in opposite direction as A, taking baths, getting her hair put into ponytails and then pulling out the elastics immediately, snuggling, going under the dining room table and tickling feet.

 Things C doesn't like: teething, being put down for a nap when she doesn't want to sleep, getting the sun in her eyes in the car, not being able to get mommy milk whenever she wants it, A shutting the door to her (A's)  bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save Handmade Toys