Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Humming along

I've had this blog for a little over  a year and I'm not sure if I've ever written about why this blog is called Humming along.

About a year and a half ago, when Addie was 1.5 yrs she made up a singing/humming game. She would say "Twinkle twinkle" and then proceed to give each person present a sound to make. (ie: "Mommy: hmm hmm hmm, Daddy: eh eh eh, Mumika: aba aba aba, PoppaJohn: looby looby loo) Then we would all sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" using our respective sounds. This made for a beautiful and incredibly original song.

So "Humming Along" is a reference to that as well as a desire to see the lighter and more positive side of things when life seems to be more challenging.

Now Addie is not only capable of singing all the real words to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", she has also learned how to play the song on the keyboard.


*Greg, the letters are on stickers on the keys, I did not write directly on your keyboard with a sharpie!*


Calla also seems to love the keyboard:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Save Handmade Toys