Dear Sleep
I always knew I loved you but I guess I wasn't really sure how much until you left me. Ten years or maybe even 5 years ago, I pretended that I didn't need you. Sure I felt great when you were around, but (and sorry to be so blunt)...you just weren't a priority. I loved staying up late and was able to get more of you in the morning and so it worked out somehow.
Then I had kids and you decided to move out. I don't know why we all can't live here together. Without you I am dysfunctional. I'm crabby, short-tempered, and snippy. I don't enjoy playing as much and cry at the littlest things. You complete me and make me who I am. I don't like feeling like I need someone else in order to be 'me' but it's true. I need you. So much. Please come back to me. And while I love the little middle of the night visits, what I REALLY want is for you to stay with me ALL night long. Like we used to.
I won't ever take you for granted ever again.
Love,
Margaret
P.S. My husband and daughters love you also (maybe not as much as I do) but we could all really use a bit more of your attention. So if you could find a way to spread yourself around that would be great
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

If she replies, please tell her I'd like to have a little talk, too. Thanks.
ReplyDelete