Dear Sleep,
Thank you. I was hoping for a reply to my last letter, but you did even better. You met me downstairs in the guestbed two nights in a row from 8:30pm to 1am. When I had to wake up to go nurse my daughter, I felt more well rested than I had in weeks and it was still the middle of the night.
I had been hoping that you would find me upstairs in my bed, but I finally realized that you don't like loud crying in the middle of the night. As long as that was going on, you were never going to join me. Now I think I am addicted to our downstairs affairs. I am very glad that my husband is so supportive of my relationship with you and knows how important you are to me.
I am longing for the day (well.. night rather) that I can have you upstairs as well. When this night comes, no loud screams will make you run away from the moment my head hits the pillow until the sun wakes me up in the morning. I realize that this might be a long ways off (like maybe 10 years) but I will wait.
And until then....I will see you tonight in the guestbed as soon as I can possibly be there.
Lots of love,
Margaret
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

"10 years"??
ReplyDeletehmmm....try 18 years!
:-)
Oh thanks, Dad ;)
ReplyDelete