Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Fairy Play

On August 25th, Addie told me that she wanted to have a "Fairy Play".
I wasn't exactly sure what this meant. Fortunately, she was able to describe her vision to me in great detail. There would be costumes, and songs we would each dance to, and a stage, and fairy houses, and mushrooms, and we would all wear wings.... It was a little daunting to hear all of this knowing that I would inevitably be the lead stage manager, assisting this aspiring director/producer.

But we made a list of everything that we would need to do and in the course of the morning of the 26th: turned the downstairs futon into a stage, Addie created a backdrop set with construction paper flowers and chalk, she made (or found) wings for all of the performers (herself, Margaret, Mike, Mumika, PoppaJohn, two of her animals friends), we set up chairs for the audience, selected songs to perform to, and created programs. Not bad for a day's work!

That evening when Mumika and PoppaJohn arrived and Mike came home from work it was time for the Fairy Play to start. We all wore our wings and danced goofily to our assigned songs, and I think I can safely say that we all had a blast doing it.

Here's to you Addie for your vision, direction and production of an absolute theatrical gem  :)

 I unfortunately didn't take any still photos of the play, but I'll attach a pre-play video and a video of the last act of the play.

 



1 comment:

Save Handmade Toys