Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Apples galore

We went apple picking a couple weekends ago at a place that drives you out to a center point in the orchard in a golf cart (big hit!), drops you off, and then comes back to pick up whenever you want. This is extremely clever because then the self limiting "apples picked=apples you have to carry back to the car" is not relevant. We ended up picking 40lbs of apples. Yes, you read that right. 40lbs.
A small fraction of our bounty
 





 I've made about 8 jars of applesauce, 2 apple pies, dried apples, we eat apples everyday, and we still have more apples than we know what to do with. I think we'll make a bunch of apple juice with our juicer. Oh, and I just remembered: Carmel apples! But if anyone has a yummy apple idea let me know. Or if you want to swing by and eat one or two...that's ok also ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Save Handmade Toys