Addie was very worried about the fact that our part-time nanny was going to be taking them to the polls with her today to vote. She was afraid that somebody would ask her who she was voting for and Addie also didn't want anybody to ask our nanny who she would vote for, out of fear that she would say "Mitt Romney". It was absolutely terrifying her....and she didn't want to go. I talked with her a lot about how it didn't matter who our friends and neighbors vote for, we can still be friends with people who believe in different things. We also talked about the fact that people don't usually go up to other people in the polls and ask them who they are voting for and that I was pretty confident that nobody would be asking Addie who she was voting for because she wasn't going to be able to vote for another 14 years (unfortunately!).
She lay on the couch with her head against the pillow and said with a big sigh:
"Mom, am I the only kid who is worried about these things?"
I wasn't quite sure how to answer. But I assured her that many people are very worried and are also very ready for the election to be over. We showed her the little youtube clip of that four year old girl who was caught on tape crying about how she is so tired of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney. I asked her if she felt the same way.
She said: "No, I'm just tired of Mitt Romney."
Me too, Addie, me too.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Addie looks like she's TOTALLY finished with all the Romnesia!!!
ReplyDeleteGood for her!!!
:-)