Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sick of sickness....***Warning: this post is full of whining***

So as most of you know I was nauseous for a good 2 months straight and finally started to feel better a couple weeks ago, which coincided almost exactly with when Addie first started getting sick. I feel like she has had some sort of sickness for the last 4 weeks straight (which is an exaggeration but it has definitely been a long time) First she got croup and we had to go to the ER. Then she got an ear infection and after one day of meds seemed to be doing much better. But then over the weekend started acting very whiny and cranky (which if we were smart we would realize probably meant she was getting sick) but we didn't until Sunday night when none of us slept at all because Addie was up every hour crying and Mike was up (when Addie wasn't) blowing his nose and coughing. Addie had a fever and was very upset the next day, come to find out that she is getting three molars. Relief...I was thinking she was getting sick again. She went back to school today and seemed to have a moderately good day except that she was pretty fragile, and coughing, and has a constant fountain of snot coming out of her nose. Then after her nap today I notice that she has a red rash all over her body. And is coughing a lot, and wheezing at times. Oh my god, she's allergic to the amoxicilian, and even though she's been taking it for 9 days this makes sense to me. I call the doctor's office and make an appointment to bring her in asap. An hour and a half later (after sitting in the waiting room with parents who are moving their children away from my coughing daughter who sounds like she has the plague)we are seen by the doctor who assures me that Addie is not having an allergic reaction and her ears seem to be all cleared up. He is convinced that the rash is due to another virus that she has picked up but says that if she is happy "like she is right now" (Addie at this moment has no sign of the plague cough and is excitedly singing "If you're happy and you know it clap hands")and fever-less tomorrow she should be ok to go to school.
But am I really going to bring a child with a rash all over her face and body to school? Probably not. I am really looking forward to June when I no longer have to feel badly about not being able to go into work and can just keep my daughter at home if she sick without having other obligations to worry about.

Here are two other things that I am very sick of:
Addie saying: "Addie boogah! Addie boogah!" in an 'I'm dying!' tone of voice conveying her need for a tissue.

AND

Addie choosing Noah's Ark for me to read to her almost every night, including tonight, 30 minutes ago. This book was a gift from a relative and if Addie didn't like it so much, I would probably make it disappear....but I'm not that bad of a mom!

1 comment:

  1. what a week!!!!
    but NOW...it's time for an UPDATE!!! NO???!!!!
    :-)
    xxx
    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Save Handmade Toys