Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

4 Years

A is 4 years old today. In the beginning of her life, when our days were filled with diapers, pumping, bottle feeding and sleepless nights, the days dragged on like crawling through mud.  Even though, our days are still filled with diapers, nursing (for C) and occasional sleepless nights (for A and C), the days now fly by. I have no idea where the last year went. On the night of A's third birthday she said before going to sleep: "When I wake up tomorrow, I be 4??" I laughed at the time and told her she would have wait a little while, but now it really does seem like that happened.




 When we first started talking about a birthday party for A, I asked if she would like to have a fairy party, since she has been ALL about fairies for the last half a year. She said, "No, because when I am 4, I think I will like butterflies. So I would like to have a butterfly party!"  When I asked her if she would like to have pink and purple  balloons at her party, she said: "I'd like to have Pink and Red balloons. Because when I am 4, Red will be my second favorite color." Now that is advanced planning.


I know that I'm totally biased, but A is one of the most incredible little 4 year olds I've ever known. She is so passionate, enthusiastic, intelligent, loving, empathic, and creative beyond belief.  I struggle to remember sometimes that she is only 4, because the questions that she asks (ie: "Mommy, can you feel anything when you are dead?") and things that she is capable of make her seem so much older.  She is such an incredible super sister to C and is helpful, caring and patient (most of the time). Usually though right at the moment that I look at them playing together and smile, thinking: "Now, this is why I had two kids...this is what life is all about..." that is when I hear "CAAALLLLLAAAA!!!!! (in a screaming whining crying voice) "STOP IT!!! THAT'S MIIIIINNEEEEE!" and then she'll take _____(fill the blank) from C and then C will scream and then they'll both be screaming and I'll start wondering about how it is that my good thoughts seem to have the power to make bad things happen!

But back to A.

Here is what she loves at 4 years old: Drawing, cutting out her drawings and taping them to her walls and headboard, books and learning to read them, singing songs, dancing, gymnastics, helping to cook (unless it gets her hands really messy), doing things all by herself, writing and illustrating her own books, producing and directing plays downstairs on the futon "stage", jumping on beds and couches, playing with C (sometimes), getting space from C (sometimes), just "resting" at night and not "sleeping" so that she doesn't have bad dreams (we're pretty sure she does actually sleep though ;), writing letters, swinging by herself while pumping, her teachers at school, telling stories, listening to Mom and Dad's stories, the list could go on and on.....


What A doesn't like: Growing pains, croupy coughs, having to go back to school after awhile of not going to school, C getting in her face and taking her things, having her hair washed, having to go to bed.

We cannot wait to see what A will do in this next year. It is bound to be fabulous.

Photo by Amy Sidell: www.amysidell.com
Happy Birthday Peanut. We love you so much!



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love hearing about the girls! What a perfect way to capture Addie's personality, interests, and quirks at this time. It goes by so fast and they change so quickly, without awesome blogs like this, I think we could easily forget. Can't wait to hear about all of Addie's new 4yo adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Save Handmade Toys