Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Puff the Magic Dragon

For the last several months Addie talked non-stop about Halloween and how she was going to be a fairy. This essentially meant that she had been wearing her Halloween costume every day. But a couple weeks ago we got a wonderful box of dress-up clothes from my cousin. Addie was so excited as she pulled the dresses and headbands out of the box. THEN she found the green costume. She held it up to get a better look at it. "It's Puff the Magic Dragon, Mommy!!" I thought it look a bit like a bat (which I later learned was the costume's original identity), but agreed that it definitely made a fabulous Puff costume. I suggested that she could be Puff for Halloween if she wanted to. At first she didn't think that was a good idea because...."Mommy, I'm going to be a Fairy...remember??" Oh right.  But the next day I came up with the idea that Calla could be Jackie Paper if Addie was Puff and with that Addie changed her mind. 

Addie took the theme to the next level by deciding that we all needed to dress up as things from the song. I was deemed "other fancy stuff" and Mike was to be "sealing wax" (which after all these years I confusedly thought was "ceiling wax"...whatever that was!). She even wanted her stuffed tiger, Teegs to be the "autumn mist" and Mumika to be "strings" and PoppaJohn to be the "boat".  Now, I know most of you are going to want to google the lyrics so you know what the hell I'm talking about, so I'll make it easy for you and give you a link! Also to dispel any thoughts that I was purposefully suggesting that my children dress up as marijuana propaganda, here is a link that proves that this song is not about smoking pot! 

So we were the song for Halloween and even though very few people around here understood what we were, even after explanations...I have to say it was a hit :)









1 comment:

  1. Cutest Puff and Jackie Paper ever!!!
    Fancy Stuff and Ceiling Wax are looking pretty good too. ;)
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Save Handmade Toys