No this is not a post about the art museum in Minneapolis or Amy and Adam's dog....it's about how I have been totally absent from this blog for the last several weeks. I do have a very good excuse, and it's not that I'm pregnant (I think that was my excuse last time)!
I've been taking a class at UNE (where Mike teaches/ perk: incredibly discounted grad level class) that is required for my Maine K-12 art teaching re-certification. For some reason I never had to take an Exceptionalities in the Classroom (Special Education) class when I was in school back in Minnesota, but it is required here. I've actually really enjoyed taking the class; I can say that now that I've finished and turned in the final 10pg research paper! I loved the routine of my Monday nights, eating dinner with the family and then heading off to campus for the class.
The pros: Getting to spend 3 hours with adults every week without any kids around, stimulating conversation, thinking about about the classroom and teaching again, having a break from the girls' bedtime routine and coming home after both are soundly sleeping.
The cons: It is REALLY hard to take a class when you have kids (props to all who have families, work full time and are in school. I have no idea how you do it), the class ended at 9:30pm (clearly the course was not planned around me and my bedtime), having to listen to 20 year old classmate laugh when I yawned at 8:30 saying I was tired and then have to listen to her tell me that she knows how I feel because she has a new puppy that she is potty training (I'm sorry, there is no comparison...she'll figure that out someday!)
I have two more classes and then I will be able to go back to my weekly yoga class which I have missed so much.
We have had an incredibly busy couple of months (with Calla's birthday, Halloween and Thanksgiving) and things are about to get even busier with Addie's birthday, Winter Solstice, Christmas up in Old Town, etc. I hope to have a chance to post more photos soon of all the decorating we've been doing for winter and Winter Solstice, including the debut of our Solstice Ficus (!!) Addie is very excited about decorating our house and is always asking what else we can do to "get ready for Solstice"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment