Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Things Addie says

I've had two scraps of paper with Addie quotes on them sitting on my desk for weeks. Today I did a major cleaning of my desk and "junkery-doo" (the ledge overlooking the stairway that ultimately gets completely covered with crap) and the final step of this day of cleaning will be to recycle these two papers once the stories have been documented!

* Addie got to bring home some of Mike's old toy cars from Madison. One is a very cool Russian taxi car (the doors even open). Mike and Addie were playing with the cars and I overheard this conversation:

Mike: "This is a car from Russia."
Addie: "Do we have anyone to fit inside?"
Mike: "No"
Addie: "Did she know that when she gave it to us?"
Mike: "Who?"
Addie: "Russia!"

* Addie and I are in the car driving home after a picnic lunch

Addie: "Can I have a bar (granola) when we get home?"
Me: "No, you can have one after nap."
Addie: "Mom! Stop changing my idea! You're ruining my plans!" 

Oh boy. If I'm hearing this already at 3.5 years, I'm in for it! She has no idea what plans of hers I'm bound to ruin in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save Handmade Toys