The last two weeks were a sleep deprived blur as Addie was sick and then Calla got sick with what we later found out was
RSV. They both are much better now and are sleeping better and that means we are too. Thank goodness.
We decided to wean Calla from her pacifier since she couldn't breathe with it in her mouth anyway (while congested). This has made the self-soothing at naps and bedtime and middle of the night a little tricky and we're dealing with a lot more crying now than we used to, but going to sleep is getting easier for her and I think that we will all be better for it in the long run. I will definitely not miss having the pacifier repeatedly fall out of her mouth (while riding in the carrier) and land and bounce along on various disgusting floor surfaces.
I thought about this on Sunday when we went to a friend's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's. The fact that we actually went into this establishment speaks to how much I like the 6 year old....because I REALLY don't like the place. Had Calla's pacifier fallen out of her mouth and landed on that floor I would have had to burn it. That place is crazy. We saw a kid running around without his pants on...and I mean pants AND underpants. He was buck-naked from the waist down, I kid you not. Addie, on the other hand, loved everything about the place, mostly the big giant walking talking mouse. She mentioned when we got home that she couldn't wait to give him a high five at her 4th birthday party. I gently and oh so lovingly informed her that she wouldn't EVER be having a birthday party there. She took it pretty well.
The other day Addie lost her scissors. This was very upsetting. She picked up her toy phone and dialed 911. She said this as she was dialing: "9-1-1.....Hello? Someone took my scissors! They were here and now they are gone. Please come quickly. It's an emergency" Then she hung up the phone and exclaimed to us: "Ok, they're coming!"
Here are some new photos:
 |
| Calla, Addie and Rectangle |
 |
| 4.5 months |
 |
| Trying out Mike's Karate gear! |
 |
| Very serious big eyes |
 |
| Very serious big eyes-Part 2 |
 |
| Cooking |
| | | |
| Cutting cheese | |
|
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment