Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Art space in Basement

I'm in the process of trying to fix up an art space for Addie in the basement/lower level. The first aesthetically necessary step is to remove this hideous wallpaper from corner of the room where the art space will be:

 Now I am one who has a love for peeling and picking and through this wallpaper stripping process I have discovered that Addie also shares this obsession. When I get nice big chunk to peel off the wall and it's obvious that it's going to pull all the way down to the baseboard, Addie will run over excitedly and say "No no Mommy! I got it! Let me do it!" And I reluctantly hand it over to her. We're quite the team!



So the soon to be art space currently looks like this:

Today Addie had fun drawing on the wall paper backing with chalk:


 Once the wallpaper is off, the next step will be to find a color that looks good with the beige-y paint above and complements the deep red crimson of the sliding closet doors, while also brightening up the somewhat dark room....hmmm....any thoughts?

 In other news:
For the last 3 years, every night we sang/read the same book to Addie right before bed. Mike made up the tune to go with the words for Cuddle like a Koala and for the last approximate 1,095 days we have sung this song. Two nights ago as I picked up the well loved/falling apart book, Addie said to me, "Mommy, I don't want to read this book anymore at bedtime." "Really?" I said, as I felt the tears collecting in my eyes, "Are you sure?"  "Yeah," she said "let's find a new song to sing." And so I  pulled myself together said, "Ok".  We've found a new song to sing and all is ok, but I'm continuing to get a little choked up whenever I think of that book.

A funny story from awhile ago:
On Solstice night, when we lit our tea lite candles and made a wish for the coming year, Mike wished to be able to keep paying our mortgage on time so that the bank doesn't come and take our house.
Addie: "Take our house??!!"
Mike: "Well, I'm just kidding. They won't really take it."
Addie: "Yeah, cause it's too heavy!" (long pause......) "And we would fall out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save Handmade Toys