Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Sledding and Tummy time

A couple weeks ago we took Addie sledding at the hill near our house. It was a warm day and the snow was melting, but there was still enough to sled. Although the hill was packed with kids doing crazy tricks, Addie was so excited. Mike and I took turns going down in the tube holding onto Addie who went down in her little red sled (while the non-sledder watched Calla in her carseat in the car) Addie loved the going down part but insisted on either being pulled up in the sled or carried back up. Mike was able to pull her up and also carry up the tube, but when it was my turn I found it too hard to pull her and virtually impossible to carry her and both sleds. Fortunately the crazy teenagers were also incredibly kind and offered to carry a sled up for us. After several trips down the hill, Addie was no longer satisfied with sledding while being attached to her parents. She asked if she could go down solo. I thought she was too little and said that she should probably wait until next year. She asked "Why?" (Because she always asks "why") I decided that really my issue was that she wasn't walking back up on her own carrying her own sled. I told her that when she was able to do that by herself then she would be able to go down by herself too. "Okay!" she said. "I'll walk up by myself".
Ummm. Ok. So we sledded down together and then she walked...up....the...entire... hill....by... herself...AND carried her sled. Meanwhile I choked on my foot. 
She went down twice by herself (with one of us at the top and the other at the bottom, and Calla alone in the carseat in the car (!) and even though she took a couple spills she came up laughing, claiming that it was "scary but fun".  My little girl suddenly didn't seem quite so little.


  

  




 And in other news. Calla is getting very strong and is more tolerant of being on her tummy.  Here's a little video from a couple weeks ago:


Both girls are growing up so fast and I'm definitely feeling the nostalgic desire to slow time down. I didn't feel this when Addie was Calla's age, but I knew then that we would probably be having another child. Now that we are finished adding to the population and I know that Calla is my last baby....it feels very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Save Handmade Toys