Monday, January 11, 2010
Robot alarm clock
We know Addie has woken up in the morning or after her nap when we hear "Addie wake! Addie wake! Addie wake!" repeated over and over again until we go to get her. It is said in the same inflection each time, doesn't get quieter or louder, and there is about a 3 second pause between each phrase. This is amusing and charming at 6:30am or 2:30pm but this morning she woke up at 3:30 am and proclaimed "Addie wake! Addie wake! Addie wake!" After about 10 of them I went down where I had to break the news to her that it was not in fact time to wake up and that there were many more hours that needed to be filled with sleeping. This made her very upset and I, in my bleary-eyed state, proceeded to do many things that parents should probably not do when a toddler wants to get up and start her day at 3am, ie; sit with her in the chair and rock her, abruptly put her back in the crib and tell her (over her screaming cries) that I would rub her back if she lay down, but if she didn't lay down I was leaving the room. I think I offered this ultimatum several times. I finally left and went back to our bed. I said to Mike " I have no idea what do!" (How many times have I said this in the last 2 years? And usually in the middle of the night!) Fortunately Mike seems to be much more clear headed in the middle of the night and he went down and calmly informed Addie (who was still screaming and saying "Addie wake" )that it was not time to get up. He gave her a book, turned on the nightlight and said good-night. We didn't hear another peep out of her until 6:30am. Thank you Mike for being such a good father and for helping us sleep 3 extra hours last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment