Addie and I have been playing Jenga together. I know, crazy! This is something I never imagined doing with my child until they were at least, I don't know, 4 or 5. But she loves it and is really really good at it. She carefully selects a block and says "Push, push, careful, whoa....put on top!" I am amazed at her concentration, carefulness, and delicacy with the blocks. And there is something really amazing about sitting down with your child and playing an established game (don't get me wrong, I love unestablished, creative games too), but I guess it's just a sign that she is growing up...very quickly.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Jenga with a 2 year old?!
Addie and I have been playing Jenga together. I know, crazy! This is something I never imagined doing with my child until they were at least, I don't know, 4 or 5. But she loves it and is really really good at it. She carefully selects a block and says "Push, push, careful, whoa....put on top!" I am amazed at her concentration, carefulness, and delicacy with the blocks. And there is something really amazing about sitting down with your child and playing an established game (don't get me wrong, I love unestablished, creative games too), but I guess it's just a sign that she is growing up...very quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment