Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Hans & Pony Boy

The girls love the movie Frozen. They love everything about it. And frankly, I think it is probably the best Disney movie made so far. It is lucky I feel this way because I have watched it with the girls no less than 15 times. While I could sing the virtues of so many different aspects of the film, I think the part that surprised me the most was Hans's character.  A was so troubled by this guy who *spoiler alert* could pretend to love Anna but be lying the whole time. Never before can I remember a male Disney character who is set up to be a good guy in the beginning but is actually a villan. I found myself telling A that sometimes guys will say that they love you just because they want something from you...like...being King. Or is it "King"? Were we really talking about something else....way way earlier than I ever thought we would?

And then there is the drinking game that C made up. Yup. With water...but still. It started with a song called "Pony Boy"sung by Ralph Covert (but written by Bruce Springsteen). We were driving in the car listening to this CD when "Pony Boy" came on. Calla decided that every time he sings "Pony Boy" they should take a big sip of water from their water bottles.  This is the chorus:
"Pony boy pony boy
Won't you be my pony boy 
Giddy-up giddy-up giddy-up whoa 
My pony boy" 

So you can imagine what the scene looked like back there....just a rolling pee-wee frat party. But one that was extremely well hydrated. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Save Handmade Toys