Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Cascade Falls

Today was a heat wave, about 40 degrees! We decided to take a family adventure to Cascade Falls.
We hadn't gone there in a long time. It was just as beautiful in the winter and we had fun hiking down the snowy trail, looking at the frozen waterfall  Elsa's castle and walking out onto the frozen river.



Addie insisted on hiking with her backpack and doll "Rectangle".  









All was good until I slid on some ice and landed hard right on my tail bone :( Fortunately I think it is just bruised and not broken. I tried to slide my way across the ice to the land but my left foot broke through. I was surprised that my leg didn't go down as far as I expected it to and didn't get wet at all. When I pulled my leg out, I saw that my foot had miraculously landed on a log that just happened to be  laying about a foot below the surface. It's nice to feel lucky about something shortly after feeling very unlucky!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Save Handmade Toys