Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

C is 3

Three three three. How is it possible? Calla is now older than Addie was when Calla was born.


I'm not even sure where to start in writing about Calla.
She is 3 going on 5 which is I believe a conscious effort to be more like her sister. And yet she is definitely her own person. She stands her ground and will not let anyone boss her around, even Addie. Sometimes she willingly does what Addie asks her to do, but the minute she does not want to play A's game she has no trouble saying so.

She has been tantruming and whining more since her birthday, not sure what that's all about. I'm very glad though that this is behavior that she saves just for us. Her teachers at school can not even imagine Calla being anything but well-behaved, helpful, and cheerful. I guess if she's going to explode anywhere it should be at home. But boy.

We had a birthday party for her at Play Time, ME (a play space that Addie's former preschool teacher opened up). Tons of toys, snacks and cupcakes, a collaborative painting made by C and her friends (that we got to bring home) and a mess that we didn't have to clean up, made for an absolutely wonderful party!










Following tradition...here are Calla's likes and dislikes at 3:

Calla likes: telling stories, playing with her dolls and animal friends while talking to herself, jumping on her trampoline, brushing her own hair, brushing her own teeth, telling jokes, helping to set the table, getting her way, eating dessert, waking up right at 6am even if it's Saturday or Sunday, looking at books, learning to write her name, signing songs. 

Calla dislikes: being told "no", having someone else brush her teeth, having to wash hands and go potty before dinner, being hungry when it's not snack or meal time, and I'm sure several other things that I'm forgetting right now!

Card from A...the bottom says: "You R 3" !




No comments:

Post a Comment

Save Handmade Toys