Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Another wonderful weekend excursion

Today we explored Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth (near Portland). Yet another place that we'd never explored before. The photos below are just from one small section of the park: the fort ruins that visitors are allowed to climb on and in and walk through. This included a terrifyingly dark and claustrophobically-narrow passage way that wound through the structure in a "U" shape. People could enter one side and come out the other....and halfway through it was pitch dark. I had no desire to do this, but after A,C, and Mike did the trip several times I decided to "woman-up" and do it. It was successful only because of my deep breathing and Addie's leading the way singing the "Hey, you're ok" song (which if you've never heard this before click here).

What a cool place and gorgeous day with my wonderful family. So lucky.
















1 comment:

  1. I love your blog posts! I hope we can visit one of these years so we can see all the cool things Maine has to offer :)

    ReplyDelete

Save Handmade Toys