Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Updates and other photos

It has been a long time since I have blogged about what the girls are up to. I have been jotting down things less and less and unless I write about it right away it vanishes from my memory.

Here are a couple things of note about Calla:

* On May 28th Calla peed in the potty twice and pooped once! We are not officially potty training, she just likes sitting on potty and will frequently announce when she needs to "poopoo"...so we take her.
I am dreaming about the end of diapers....

* My new favorite phrase of Calla's is "pea doop" (pea soup). I could listen to her say it all day long. And of course my reaction to her saying it, makes her say it all the more!

Here's a little clip of her saying: "More pea soup please"


* She is incredibly independent and insists on doing the following things by herself (or with limited assistance): turning on her fan at sleeping times, shutting her bedroom door, turning off her light, carrying her stool to the sink, walking up stairs, putting on shoes, putting on pants, brushing her teeth. If I start to help her "too" much she will emphatically point to herself and say with great frustration: "ALLA!" "ALLA!" ok.

* She idolizes Addie and wants to do everything that her older sister does. They are starting to play together so nicely......sometimes. Other times Calla likes to grab Addie's hair and grin at me while Addie wails.

* She is talking up a storm and her favorite phrases are: "Bye bye Daddy!", "Mommy up!", "No Mommy", "Yesh sher, Dada" (Mike taught her to say "yes sir Daddy")


It has been an equally long time since I have blogged about Addie.
The biggest thing of note with Addie is that she just finished her acting class last weekend which culminated in a big production of Annie. Addie played an orphan, a bum, and a maid. The play ended up being much too long for the 4 and 5 year olds, but they did an awesome job with the beginning half, especially Addie (we're not at all biased ;) ) She never ceases to amaze us with the things she says. She is getting tougher and braver and is incredibly friendly and outgoing, making new friends everywhere she goes.

Cast of Annie

"ALLA! ALLA!"



Our hummingbird (on top of plant cage)

At the beach

Child's pose


No comments:

Post a Comment

Save Handmade Toys