First we made a marble run on our living room wall. Props go to Mike for arranging and taping the cut up tubes on the wall!
Here's the link to Tinker Lab's marble run:
http://tinkerlab.com/2011/05/creative-challenge-6-cardboard-box/
I also fell in love with The Artful Parent's flower petal box : http://artfulparent.typepad.com/artfulparent/2011/05/our-flower-petal-art-box.html
So we decided to make one of our own. First step was to go outside and pick flowers. Next Addie arranged the flowers in a a pan.
I cut out the center of each side of a little box. And then put the box back together.
Next we cut out squares of contact paper and stuck them to the inside of the box and placed our flower petals and leaves down on the sticky side.
Afterward we placed another squared of contact paper over the top, sandwiching the flowers inside. It's beautiful and Addie spent a long time holding it up to the window with her face inside.




I love your flower box!! I saw it on Artful parent, too, and would love to give it a try one day. You guys did awesome!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful and compelling flower box! Thank you for sharing. For someone with less time, you could make one framed square and hold it up to the light, and if less time than that, just stick flowers on contact paper and enjoy (no cardboard). Love the box best.
ReplyDeleteHi Margaret! I love how you interpreted both of these projects! My daughter also likes to make art in her pajamas - it's so cute :) Congrats on the blog. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.
ReplyDeleteTwo Wonderful Blogs! On my daily read list too!
ReplyDelete